Truffles are always so much fun to bring to a party or serve for dessert. You’ll hear endless ooohs and aaahs, and it’ll be our little secret that these beauties can be whipped up in 30 minutes using just three ingredients! They’re rich and decadent, sort-of like a slightly more grown-up spin on chocolate peanut butter cups, and they’re a hit with kiddos and adults alike. You can also keep a stash of them in the fridge for anytime a chocolate craving strikes.
Prep time: 30 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Yield: 15 truffles
1 (5 oz) bag Sheila G’s Organic Chocolate Chip Brownie Brittle
1 (12 oz) bag semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup Peanut Butter & Co. Dark Chocolate Dreams peanut butter
- 1. Open the package of brownie brittle and squeeze out all the air; use a rolling pin to crush the brittle (a few larger lumps are fine). Measure out 6 tablespoons and set aside for rolling the truffles in.
- 2. Melt the chocolate chips in a microwave or double boiler. Whisk in the peanut butter, and stir in the crushed brownie brittle (except for the reserved 6 tablespoons).
- 3. Cover the chocolate mixture and refrigerate until it’s stiffened enough to roll into balls, but not until it’s completely solid, about 1 to 2 hours. Note that stirring the mixture once halfway through will help it chill more evenly. (If you leave it to chill too long, let it sit for 20 minutes at room temperature to warm it up slightly so you can easily roll it.)
- 4. Use a 2 tablespoon-sized scoop to measure out the chocolate, roll them into balls, and toss in the crushed brownie brittle to coat.
- 5. Serve immediately, or keep the truffles covered in the fridge for up to 1 week and let them sit at room temperature for 20 minutes before serving.