My inspiration for this beautiful brunch dish was classic Eggs Benedict: an English muffin topped with ham, poached egg, and Hollandaise sauce. This egg-free version makes fun use of apricot instead of poached egg, and a deliciously creamy peanut sauce instead of Hollandaise. Be sure to taste an apricot from the bunch you’re using to make sure they’re sweet; otherwise, to make the dish a bit sweeter, you could spread a layer of Peanut Butter & Co. Awesome Apricot Preserves onto each English muffin half before topping with roasted apricot. And if apricots aren’t in season, you can use canned, drained apricot halves instead (no need to roast them!).
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
Yield: serves 2
1½ teaspoons canola oil
2 medium-large ripe apricots, halved and pitted
2 English muffins, split
4 tablespoons Smooth Operator peanut butter
⅓ cup milk (I used 1%)
1 pinch sea salt
Fresh mint leaves, for garnish (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F; drizzle the oil on the inside of a small baking pan. Gently toss the apricots in the oil to coat. Bake (cut side down) until softened, about 8 to 10 minutes (do not flip them over while baking).
2. Toast the English muffin halves and spread a little butter on each.
3. Use a fork to whisk together the peanut butter, milk, and sea salt. The sauce should be thick and creamy, but pourable. Add additional peanut butter or milk if necessary.
4. To assemble, place each apricot half (cut side down) onto a toasted English muffin half.
5. Arrange on a platter and drizzle on some peanut sauce. Scatter a few mint leaves on top if desired.
6. Serve immediately, with the rest of the peanut sauce to pass around the table.
PEANUT BUTTER GIVEAWAY
What other ways do you think you could use this peanut butter sauce?
Leave a comment below with your answer to enter for a chance at winning a jar of Smooth Operator, the peanut butter used in this recipe.
– The giveaway is open to USA residents only and will run until Monday, August 4, 2014 at 11:59 PM EST.
– One entry per person.
– Winner(s) will be generated via a random number generator and notified via the contact email provided on the comment form.
– Winner(s) will have until 08/07/14 to claim their prize or we will choose another winner.
– Winner will win one jar of Smooth Operator peanut butter. Product will be shipped by Peanut Butter & Co.
– No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Must be 18 years of age to enter. See Official Giveaway Rules.