I make all kinds of granola bars fairly often. They get me through the workday and fuel my long runs and hikes. I love them for their convenience! Practically all of my granola bar recipes start with a really good peanut butter, like Mighty Maple. With the peanut butter, I always add wholesome healthy ingredients like oats and dried fruit.
I like my granola bars extra chewy with lots of texture. I chose raisins, peanut butter chips, and chocolate chips as my add-ins for these granola bars. And each bite is bursting with peanut butter and maple flavors. These are a new favorite snack!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Inactive Time: 2 hours to chill, no bake time
Total time: 2 hours 10 minutes
Yield: 12 squares
1/3 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup peanut butter chips
3/4 cup Mighty Maple peanut butter
1/3 cup maple syrup
1 1/4 cup old-fashioned oats
3/4 cup crispy rice cereal
3/4 cup raisins
1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
1. Line an 8-inch or 9-inch square baking pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Set aside.
2. In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt the coconut oil, peanut butter chips, Mighty Maple, and maple syrup together until smooth. Remove from heat.
3. Mix in the oats, crispy rice cereal, and raisins. Press mixture into prepared baking pan. Top with mini chocolate chips and press down with the back of a spatula – the chocolate chips will melt down.
4. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Cut bars into squares.
5. Store bars in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 10 days.
PEANUT BUTTER GIVEAWAY
Sally uses Mighty Maple peanut butter in her granola bar recipe. What other Peanut Butter & Co. variety would you make these granola bars with?
Leave a comment below with your answer to enter for a chance at winning a jar of Mighty Maple, the peanut butter used in this recipe.
– The giveaway is open to USA residents only and will run until Monday, January 27, 2014 at 11:59 PM EST.
– One entry per person.
– Winner(s) will be generated via a random number generator and notified via the contact email provided on the comment form.
– Winner(s) will have until 1/30/14 to claim their prize or we will choose another winner.
– Winner will win one 16oz jar of Mighty Maple. Product will be shipped by Peanut Butter & Co.
– No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Must be 18 years of age to enter. See Official Giveaway Rules.