Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30-35 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
Yield: 12 or more servings
3/4 cup salted butter
1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 Jar Chocmeister Milk Chocolatey hazelnut spread (plus more for the filling!)
5 large eggs
1/2 cup + 2 tbsps sugar
3/4 cup skim milk
2 tsps vanilla
a few pinches of salt
1 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
frosting of your choosing (you will need ~20oz of frosting, any brand is fine)
sprinkles to decorate
shortening to grease
1. Pre-heat oven to 350°F. Amply grease three round, 9” baking pans with shortening.
2. Melt butter in large microwave-safe mixing bowl for ~30 seconds. Once melted, immediately stir in chocolate chips and mix until smooth. Next, add Chocmeister to the bowl, then whisk vigorously until well combined. For easier mixing, you can warm all ingredients for an additional 10 seconds in the microwave if needed.
3. In a separate mixing bowl, combine the eggs, sugar, skim milk, vanilla, and salt, whisking well. Add egg mixture to the Chocomeister bowl and combine well, then lastly stir in the flour until a thick batter takes shape – Do not overmix! As soon as it comes together, stop stirring.
4. Evenly distribute batter between the three greased baking pans, then bake on oven middle rack for 30 – 35 minutes until a toothpick comes out of the center clean. Allow each layer to cool completely, at least 2 hours.
5. When ready to assemble, layer as follows: cake, Chocmeister, frosting, cake, Chocmeister, frosting, cake, frosting! The Chocmeister flavor is strong, so a very thin film in-between cakes is all that’s needed. Like I mentioned you can use any flavor of frosting you prefer, and you can decorate it with sprinkles, fresh fruit, chopped chocolate, whatever! Get creative and have fun.
6. Once the cake is assembled and decorated, chill in the refrigerator in a cake keeper for at least 1 hour before serving. Eat!