Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour and 40 minutes (includes 1 hour chill time)
Total time: 2 hours
Yield: 4 servings
2 cups whole milk (or 1 cup each heavy cream and half and half)
2/3 cup Dark Chocolate Dreams peanut butter
1 ounce dark baking chocolate, roughly chopped
2 whole eggs plus 1 egg yolk
1/4 cup cane sugar
1. Preheat oven to 325˚F. Place four 8-ounce ramekins (or six 4-ounce) into a baking dish. Set aside.
2. In a small saucepan heat the milk, peanut butter, and chocolate over low heat until the chocolate has melted. Whisk well until the mixture becomes creamy and a smooth consistency. Do not allow it to boil.
3. Meanwhile, beat the eggs, egg yolk, and sugar in a large bowl. Slowly pour in the warm chocolate mixture into the egg mixture while whisking constantly.
4. Pour evenly into the four ramekins. Pour enough warm water into the bottom of the baking dish to reach about half way up the sides of the ramekins. Carefully place into the oven and bake for 40 minutes or until the custard is set and the middle is still able to move slightly.
5. Remove from the baking dish and allow to cool on wire rack before putting plastic wrap on the tops and placing into the fridge to cool completely. Serve cold.