Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
1 Pullman style loaf of bread, unsliced
1 cup Dark Chocolate Dreams peanut butter
2 large ripe bananas, sliced
2 cups whole milk
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 tablespoon sugar
4 tablespoons salted butter, or more as needed
Ground cinnamon, for serving
1. Slice bread into four 2” thick slices, then cut slits into the slices of bread so that it doesn’t reach all the way to the end, creating pockets. (Save any leftover bread.)
2. Spread the inside of each pocket with a few tablespoons each of peanut butter and stuff with banana slices.
3. In a shallow bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, vanilla, and sugar.
4. Melt a few tablespoons of butter in a skillet over medium heat.
5. Dip the stuffed bread into the batter for about 30 seconds on each side until it absorbs the batter, but without letting it get soggy. Plate the soaked bread in the pan.
6. Heat butter in a skillet on medium heat. Fry the French toasts about 2-3 minutes on each side, pressing down gently until the outsides are crisp and the inside is heated through. Serve immediately sprinkled with cinnamon.