Cinnamon Raisin Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
These cookies are unbelievably thick, soft, and bursting with peanut butter flavor thanks to Cinnamon Raisin Swirl peanut butter. Think of these cookies more as peanut butter cookies with oats rather than oatmeal cookies with peanut butter. And each bite is chockfull of cinnamon and raisins.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 9-10 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
Yield: 2.5 dozen cookies
1/2 (1 stick) salted butter, softened to room temperature
1/2 light brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup Cinnamon Raisin Swirl peanut butter
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup quick oats
1 1/4 cups raisins
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, using a hand-held mixer or stand mixer with paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugars together on medium speed, about 3 minutes. Mix in the Cinnamon Raisin Swirl peanut butter, egg, and vanilla (in that order). Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed. Slowly mix in the ground cinnamon, baking soda and flour. Do not overmix. Fold in the quick oats and raisins. If the dough is very soft and unmanageable by hand, chill the dough for 30 minutes before rolling.
3. Rolls balls of dough, about 2 tablespoons of dough per ball, onto prepared baking sheet.
4. Press a few extra raisins on top for looks, if preferred. Bake for 9-10 minutes – do not bake past 10 minutes. The cookies will appear undone. Slightly press down the baked cookies with the back of a spoon, since the cookies only slightly spread in the oven.
5. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack. Cookies will firm up as they cool.
*You may use unsalted butter in this recipe. If so, add 1/4 teaspoon salt with the flour.
Store cookies covered at room temperature for up to 1 week. Cookies freeze well.
PEANUT BUTTER GIVEAWAY
Sally turns a peanut butter cookie into an oatmeal raisin peanut butter cookie. What other cookie would you merge with a peanut butter cookie reicpe?
Leave a comment below with your answer to enter for a chance at winning a jar of Cinnamon Raisin Swirl, the peanut butter used in this recipe.
– The giveaway is open to USA residents only and will run until Monday, September 16 2013 at 11:59 PM EST.
– One entry per person.
– Winner(s) will be generated via a random number generator and notified via the contact email provided on the comment form.
– Winner(s) will have until 09/19/13 to claim their prize or we will choose another winner.
– Winner will win one 16oz jar of Cinnamon Raisin Swirl. Product will be shipped by Peanut Butter & Co.
– No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Must be 18 years of age to enter. See Official Giveaway Rules.
Spread the word:
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
SEARCH FOR A RECIPE
- Appetizer, Breakfast, Brunch, Cake, Chicken, Chocolate, Cookies, Crunch Time, dairy-free, Dark Chocolate Dreams, Dessert, Dinner, Frosting, Gluten-free, healthy, Lunch, Mighty Maple, oatmeal, Old Fashioned Smooth, Peanut butter, Peanut Butter & Co., Peanut Butter and Jelly, Pie, recipe, Sandwich, Savory, Side dish, smoothies, Smooth Operator, Snack, Spicy, Summer, Sweet, Sweets, Thanksgiving, The Bee's Knees, The Heat is On, Treats, Vegan, Vegetables, Vegetarian, video recipe, videos, White Chocolate Wonderful, youtube