Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 7 minutes
Total time: 12 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
1 cup canned light coconut milk
4 tablespoons honey
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
1/8 teaspoon allspice
1/8 teaspoon ginger
1 pinch cloves
1/4 cup The Bee’s Knees peanut butter
4 tablespoons golden raisins, divided
1 1/2 cups water
1 cup couscous
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
4 teaspoons unsweetened, shredded coconut (for garnish)
1. Whisk together the coconut milk, honey, cinnamon, salt, allspice, ginger, cloves, and peanut butter in a medium bowl until smooth. Measure out 4 teaspoons of raisins and set aside for garnish.
2. Add the coconut milk mixture in a medium saucepan along with the water, raisins (except the raisins reserved for garnish), and couscous. Bring to a gentle simmer over medium-low heat, stirring frequently. Once it reaches a simmer, the couscous should be porridge-like in consistency; if not, simmer until it is (this should take less than 1 minute), stirring constantly. Once the couscous is porridge-like, remove it from the heat and stir in the vanilla. Pour into 4 serving bowls and top each with 1 teaspoon raisins and 1 teaspoon coconut; serve hot.
PEANUT BUTTER GIVEAWAY
Faith sprinkles shredded coconut and golden raisins on top of the couscous. What other garnish do you think would work well with this peanut butter couscous?
Leave a comment below with your answer to enter for a chance at winning a jar of The Bee’s Knees peanut butter used in this recipe!
– The giveaway is open to USA residents only and will run until Monday, November 19, 2012 at 11:59 PM EST.
– One entry per person.
– Winner(s) will be generated via a random number generator and notified via the contact email provided on the comment form.
– Winner(s) will have until 11/22/12 to claim their prize or we will choose another winner.
– Winner will win one 16oz jar of The Bee’s Knees peanut butter ($6 value). Product will be shipped by Peanut Butter & Co.
– No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Must be 18 years of age to enter. See Official Giveaway Rules.