Dark Chocolate Dreams Gingerbread Crinkles
The vegetable shortening is an unusual choice in this case, but it’s necessary to create the crisp edges and soft centers that make these cookies so incredibly addictive. Try to bake them a day or two in advance – they’ll get softer and chewier the longer they stand, and as good as they are right out of the oven, they’re even better after they’ve had a day to mellow.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Total time: 27 minutes
Yield: 2 dozen cookies
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup Dark Chocolate Dreams peanut butter
1/2 cup vegetable shortening
1/4 cup molasses
2 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
1/2 cup granulated sugar for rolling
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Line 2 large cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a large mixing bowl, beat together the brown sugar, peanut butter, shortening, molasses and egg until smooth.
3. In a second bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, and salt. Add the flour mixture and the chocolate chips to the peanut butter mixture, and stir until evenly combined.
4. Shape heaping tablespoonfuls of dough into balls, then roll in white sugar to coat. Arrange the dough balls on prepared cookie sheets, spacing them roughly 2″ apart.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, or until the cookies are firm around the edges and just barely set in the center, and lightly crackled all over.
6. Let cool for 3-5 minutes on the cookie sheet, then transfer to a wire rack to cool off completely. Store at room temperature in a cookie jar or other airtight container.
PEANUT BUTTER GIVEAWAY
Isabelle uses Dark Chocolate Dreams peanut butter in this gingerbread recipe. What other gingerbread flavored recipes would you add peanut butter to?
Leave a comment below with your answer to enter for a chance at winning a jar of Dark Chocolate Dreams, the peanut butter used in this recipe.
– The giveaway is open to USA residents only and will run until Monday, December 23, 2013 at 11:59 PM EST.
– One entry per person.
– Winner(s) will be generated via a random number generator and notified via the contact email provided on the comment form.
– Winner(s) will have until 12/26/13 to claim their prize or we will choose another winner.
– Winner will win one 16oz jar of Dark Chocolate Dreams. Product will be shipped by Peanut Butter & Co.
– No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Must be 18 years of age to enter. See Official Giveaway Rules.
Spread the word:
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
SEARCH FOR A RECIPE
- Appetizer, Breakfast, Brunch, Cake, Chicken, Chocolate, Cookies, Crunch Time, dairy-free, Dark Chocolate Dreams, Dessert, Dinner, Frosting, Gluten-free, healthy, Lunch, Mighty Maple, oatmeal, Old Fashioned Smooth, Peanut butter, Peanut Butter & Co., Peanut Butter and Jelly, Pie, recipe, Sandwich, Savory, Side dish, smoothies, Smooth Operator, Snack, Spicy, Summer, Sweet, Sweets, Thanksgiving, The Bee's Knees, The Heat is On, Treats, Vegan, Vegetables, Vegetarian, video recipe, videos, White Chocolate Wonderful, youtube