Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 3 minutes
Total time: 18 minutes
Yield: 12 bars
3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
3/4 cup Mighty Nut Chocolate powdered peanut butter
6 tablespoons water
2/3 cup honey
3 tablespoons coconut oil
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips, divided
1. Line a 9 X 9-inch pan with 2 pieces of parchment paper so that the paper hangs over all 4 sides and you can easily lift out the granola bars later.
2. Stir together the powdered peanut butter and water until smooth and set aside.
3. Bring the honey to a boil in a medium-large saucepan over medium heat (use caution because the honey will bubble up a lot), and then let it boil for 30 seconds. Turn the heat off and stir in the coconut oil, vanilla, and salt. Once the coconut oil is melted, whisk in the peanut butter mixture. Cool for 10 to 15 minutes.
4. Stir the cooled peanut butter mixture into the oats until the oats are completely coated. Stir in 1/2 cup chocolate chips.
5. Pour the oat mixture into the prepared pan and use a lightly oiled metal spatula to press the mixture down and smooth out the top. Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup chocolate chips on top, pressing them down.
6. Cover the pan with plastic wrap and refrigerate until fully chilled (about 8 hours or overnight) before cutting the bars. Store the bars wrapped in the fridge.