But which one is the most fun to serve around Halloween? My vote goes to these peanut butter cookies on a stick. They’re part trick, decorated to look like pumpkins–but they’re even more treat, with a rich, cakey texture and rich, peanut buttery flavor that is far more delicious than any fun-size candy bar could ever hope to be.
Prep time: 40 minutes (includes 15 min chilling time)
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total time: 1 hour
Yield: 12-15 pops
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup Smooth Operator peanut butter
1/3 cup white sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon milk or cream
Special Equipment: 12-15 popsicle sticks (available at grocery and craft stores); Gel or writing icing in orange, black, and green
1. Combine butter, Smooth Operator peanut butter, sugars, egg, and vanilla; mix until thoroughly incorporated.
2. Add flour, baking soda and salt with mixer. Chill dough 15 minutes in the refrigerator. Roll into balls and around popsicle sticks by hand, ensuring that the cookie wraps around the back of the stick and that the stick goes almost to the top of the cookie (but not quite, as you don’t want the stick poking out the top!). You want the balls of dough to be no bigger than a loose handful; too big and your pops will be top-heavy.
3. Preheat oven to 350°F.
4. Bake on a parchment-lined sheet until the edges are lightly browned, 7-10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool.
5. Decorate with orange, green and black gel or writing icing to make them resemble pumpkins.
SEARCH FOR A RECIPE
- Appetizer, Breakfast, Brunch, Cake, Chicken, Chocolate, Cookies, Crunch Time, dairy-free, Dark Chocolate Dreams, Dessert, Dinner, Frosting, Gluten-free, healthy, Lunch, Mighty Maple, Old Fashioned Crunchy, Old Fashioned Smooth, Peanut butter, Peanut Butter & Co., Peanut Butter and Jelly, Pie, recipe, Sandwich, Savory, Side dish, smoothies, Smooth Operator, Snack, Spicy, Summer, Sweet, Sweets, Thanksgiving, The Bee's Knees, The Heat is On, Treats, Vegan, Vegetables, Vegetarian, video recipe, videos, White Chocolate Wonderful, youtube