Despite their mixed reputation, potatoes are a healthy and satisfying foundation for a meal. This Loaded Peanut Butter Baked Potato combines the comfort and familiarity of baked potatoes with the exotic flavors of a nutty Thai stir-fry. Make this dish with chicken, shrimp, tofu or simply veggies – it’s great any of these ways!
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total time: 1 hour 20 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
4 medium potatoes, baked or microwaved until cooked completely
3 zucchini, sliced into half moons
1 medium onion, thinly sliced
1 large red bell pepper, thinly sliced
½ cup Old Fashioned Crunchy peanut butter (you can use smooth too)
3 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon chipotle paste or hot sauce
1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger, or jarred minced ginger
1 (14-ounce) can light coconut milk
1 cup small chunks of cooked chicken (optional)
1 green onion, thinly sliced (optional)
1. Heat 1 teaspoon canola oil in a large skillet over medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
2. Add sliced onion, zucchini and bell peppers along with a small sprinkle of salt and sauté until the veggies are crisp-tender.
3. Meanwhile, whisk together the remaining ingredients until they resemble a smooth peanut sauce.
4. Add the chicken (if using) and the peanut sauce – less ½ cup – into the skillet and cook another minute or until sauce is heated through.
5. Place each baked potato on a plate, cut in half, and drizzle the inside of each potato with ¼ of the remaining peanut sauce.
6. Spoon ¼ of the peanut-veggie mixture in the middle of each potato and serve immediately, garnishing with thinly sliced green onion if desired.
PEANUT BUTTER GIVEAWAY
Amelia suggests adding chicken, shrimp, tofu or simply veggies to the sauce. How would you make it?
Leave a comment below with your answer to enter for a chance at winning a jar of Old Fashioned Crunchy, the peanut butter used in this recipe.
– The giveaway is open to USA residents only and will run until Monday, June 23, 2014 at 11:59 PM EST.
– One entry per person.
– Winner(s) will be generated via a random number generator and notified via the contact email provided on the comment form.
– Winner(s) will have until 06/26/14 to claim their prize or we will choose another winner.
– Winner will win one jar of The Heat Is On peanut butter. Product will be shipped by Peanut Butter & Co.
– No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Must be 18 years of age to enter. See Official Giveaway Rules.