Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
Yield: 10 scones
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, plus a little more for rolling out the dough
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup unsalted, chilled butter, diced
1/2 cup Smooth Operator peanut butter
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 large egg
6 to 8 tablespoons milk, plus more to brush on top
1/2 cup Peanut Butter & Co. Honey Roasted Peanuts, coarsely chopped
5 tablespoons Peanut Butter & Co. Rip-Roaring Raspberry Preserves
5 ounces Brie cheese
1. Preheat oven to 450°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat liner.
2. Pulse together the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar in a food processor to combine, then pulse in the butter a couple times until it looks like coarse meal. Add the peanut butter and pulse a couple times until incorporated. While pulsing, gradually add the vanilla and egg; add the milk 1 tablespoon at a time just until the mixture comes together to form dough (you may not need all the milk – the dough should be stiff and not sticky), being careful not to over-process.
3. Transfer the dough to a bowl and stir in the honey roasted peanuts. (Alternatively, you can make the dough by hand; whisk together the dry ingredients, cut the butter and then peanut butter in with a fork, and then use a wooden spoon to stir in the wet ingredients and finally the peanuts.) Shape the dough into a ball, then flatten it into a disk; wrap it in plastic wrap and chill 15 minutes in the freezer.
4. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Roll or press the dough out to a circle about 7 to 8 inches in diameter and 3/4 inch thick. Use a floured 2 1/2 inch round cookie cutter to stamp out the scones, then gather up the dough scraps and repeat as necessary (you should get about 10 scones total).
5. Transfer the scones to the prepared baking sheet, lightly brush the tops with a little milk, and bake until puffed and light golden brown on top and bottom, about 14 to 16 minutes. Cool completely, then cut each scone in half (the top should twist right off) and add 1/2 tablespoon preserves and 1/2 ounce Brie to each.
PEANUT BUTTER GIVEAWAY
Faith adds raspberry preserves and Brie cheese to her peanut butter scone sandwich. What other sandwich fillings would you consider using on the peanut butter scones?
Leave a comment below with your answer to enter for a chance at winning a jar of Smooth Operator peanut butter, Rip-Roaring Raspberry Preserves, and a can of Honey Roasted Peanuts, the Peanut Butter & Co. products used in this recipe.
– The giveaway is open to USA residents only and will run until Monday, May 13, 2013 at 11:59 PM EST.
– One entry per person.
– Winner(s) will be generated via a random number generator and notified via the contact email provided on the comment form.
– Winner(s) will have until 05/16/13 to claim their prize or we will choose another winner.
– Winner will win one 16oz jar of Smooth Operator, one jar of Rip-Roaring Raspberry Preserves, and one can of Honey Roasted Peanuts. Product will be shipped by Peanut Butter & Co.
– No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Must be 18 years of age to enter. See Official Giveaway Rules.
Tags: Breakfast, brie, Brunch, Dessert, PB&J, Peanut butter, Peanut Butter & Co., Peanut Butter & Co. Honey Roasted Peanuts, Peanut Butter and Jelly, recipe, Rip-Roaring Raspberry Preserves, Sandwich, Scones, Smooth Operator, Snack