Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes if using canned beans; 3 hours 45 minutes if using dry beans
Total time: 35 minutes or 3 hours 55 minutes
Yield: 12 servings
1 (16 ounce) package dry chickpeas
12 cups water
1 cup The Bees Knees peanut butter
2 cups dry gluten-free oats
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup Peanut Butter & Co. Honey Roasted Peanuts
2 large eggs
1. In a large pot, cover the chickpeas with water. Cook over medium heat for 3 hours or until tender. Check occasionally to see if you need to add more water. Remove from heat; set aside to cool for 30 minutes.
2. In a food processor, combine cooked chickpeas and all remaining ingredients; pulse until well combined. If mixture is too thick, add a touch of water. If mixture is too thin, add more gluten-free oats.
3. Using a tablespoon, form the chickpea mixture into golf ball sized portions on a non-stick baking sheet.
4. Transfer chickpea balls into the oven; cook for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven; set aside for 3 minutes before serving.
5. Serve warm.
PEANUT BUTTER GIVEAWAY
Amie uses cranberries in this recipe. What other add-ins do you think would go well with The Bee’s Knees peanut butter and honey roasted peanuts?
Leave a comment below with your answer to enter for a chance at winning a jar of The Bee’s Knees the peanut butter used in this recipe!
– The giveaway is open to USA residents only and will run until Monday, October 22, 2012 at 11:59 PM EST.
– One entry per person.
– Winner(s) will be generated via a random number generator and notified via the contact email provided on the comment form.
– Winner(s) will have until 10/25/12 to claim their prize or we will choose another winner.
– Winner will win one 16oz jar of The Bee’s Knees peanut butter ($6 value). Product will be shipped by Peanut Butter & Co.
– No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Must be 18 years of age to enter. See Official Giveaway Rules.