Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
1 1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
1/4 Smooth Operator peanut butter
4 large egg yolks
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup honey-roasted peanuts, optional
2 tablespoons honey roasted peanuts, optional
1. Combine the cream, milk, sugar, and peanut butter in a saucepan over medium low heat. Stir to dissolve the sugar and peanut butter.
2. Meanwhile, whisk together the egg yolks and cornstarch together in a large bowl. When the cream mixture is smooth and heated through, slowly add it to the egg yolks in small steady stream while whisking constantly.
3. Return the mixture to the saucepan and cook over medium heat until mixture is thickened, about 5 minutes, whisking constantly. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla extract. Pour the mixture through a mesh strainer to remove any egg lumps and add the honey-roasted peanuts, if using. Divide the mixture evenly among 4 ramekins and chill in the fridge uncovered for at least 4 hours.
4. When ready to serve, work with one ramekin at a time. Cover each generously with sugar, then slowly pass a kitchen torch over the surface to caramelize the sugar. Serve and garnish with additional honey-roasted peanuts, if desired.
PEANUT BUTTER GIVEAWAY
Annalise garnishes this peanut butter crème brulee with peanuts. What other ingredients do you think would pair well?
Leave a comment below with your answer to enter for a chance at winning a jar of Smooth Operator, the peanut butter used in this recipe.
– The giveaway is open to USA residents only and will run until Monday, February 17, 2014 at 11:59 PM EST.
– One entry per person.
– Winner(s) will be generated via a random number generator and notified via the contact email provided on the comment form.
– Winner(s) will have until 02/20/14 to claim their prize or we will choose another winner.
– Winner will win one 16oz jar of Smooth Operator. Product will be shipped by Peanut Butter & Co.
– No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Must be 18 years of age to enter. See Official Giveaway Rules.