Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: none minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
6 tablespoons Old Fashioned Smooth Peanut Butter
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
1 clove garlic, minced
4 teaspoons rice vinegar
1 cucumber, peeled and sliced
8 slices of bread
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. In a small bowl combine the peanut butter, cilantro, red onion, garlic, and rice vinegar. Stir well.
2. To assemble, smear some of the peanut butter mixture on four slices of bread. Top with the avocado and cucumber. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with remaining bread. Slice and serve.
Note: If you only want to make a single serving, you can make the peanut butter spread and keep in the fridge for up to a week until ready to use.
PEANUT BUTTER GIVEAWAY
What a classy way to put together a peanut butter sandwich!
What’s the fanciest peanut butter sandwich you’ve ever made, or thought of making? Leave a comment below with your answer to enter for a chance at winning a jar of Old Fashioned Smooth, the peanut butter used in this recipe!
– The giveaway is open to USA residents only and will run until Thursday, August 9, 2012 at 11:59 PM EST.
– One entry per person.
– Winner(s) will be generated via a random number generator and notified via the contact email provided on the comment form.
– Winner(s) will have until 8/14/12 to claim their prize or we will choose another winner.
– Winner will win one 16oz jar of Old Fashioned Smooth peanut butter ($5 value). Product will be shipped by Peanut Butter & Co.
– No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Must be 18 years of age to enter. See Official Giveaway Rules.