The nutty flavors in this recipe are a nice change from your standard breaded pork chops.
I like to eat these delicious peanut butter panko pork chops with a little bit of pear butter. It tastes similar to pork chops with glazed apples, but there’s no extra work involved!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
1/4 cup Smooth Operator peanut butter
1 large egg
1/4 cup whole milk
3/4 cup panko crumbs
3/4 cup Peanut Butter & Co. Jumbo Salted Peanuts, finely chopped
4 large lean boneless pork loin chops
1 teaspoon coconut oil
1 medium lime, cut into wedges
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. In a small bowl, combine the peanut butter and egg. Whisk until smooth. Add milk to thin out the mixture, adding it a tablespoon at a time and stirring between additions.
3. In another small bowl, combine the panko and chopped peanuts. The peanuts should be the consistency of coarse crumbs, so make sure to chop them well. (This can alternatively be done by pulsing the peanuts in a food processor.) Stir the mixture to combine.
4. Dredge each pork chop in the peanut butter mixture. And then coat in the panko mixture. Make sure to cover the pork chop completely.
5. Heat up the coconut oil in a medium frying pan over medium heat. Place a pork chop on the pan and let cook for about 2 minutes, or until the underside is golden brown. Flip and cook for another 2 minutes. Repeat with the other pork chops.
6. Place the pork chops into a baking dish and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until fully cooked. Squeeze the lime wedges over the pork chops or serve on the side.
PEANUT BUTTER GIVEAWAY
What is your favorite way to cook pork?
Leave a comment below with your answer to enter for a chance at winning a jar of of Smooth Operator, the peanut butter used in this recipe.
– The giveaway is open to USA residents only and will run until Monday, March 16th, 2015 at 11:59 PM EST.
– One entry per person.
– Winner(s) will be generated via a random number generator and notified via the contact email provided on the comment form.
– Winner(s) will have until 3/24/15 to claim their prize or we will choose another winner.
– Winner will win one jar of Smooth Operator peanut butter. Product will be shipped by Peanut Butter & Co.
– No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Must be 18 years of age to enter. See Official Giveaway Rules.