This is the first and last peanut butter fudge recipe you’ll ever need. I know that’s a big claim, but make it for yourself and decide for yourself! It whips up in just 30 minutes without any crazy hard-to-find ingredients, and it literally melts in your mouth. Pretzels add crunch factor, and a ridiculously easy two-ingredient chocolate ganache goes on top to not only add flavor, but also to make it look deceptively fancy. Bring this to any party and it will no doubt be the star of the show – be ready for people to ask you for the recipe!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Yield: 32 servings, 1 (8 by 8-inch) pan
About 3/4 cup Snack Factory® Pretzel Crisps® Original Minis (enough to cover the bottom of the dish)
2 cups sugar
1 cup heavy cream
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/4 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
1 cup mini marshmallows
1 cup Peanut Butter & Co. Smooth Operator peanut butter
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
8 oz semisweet chocolate disks or chips
1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1. Line an 8 by 8-inch casserole dish with 2 pieces of parchment paper so it hangs over all 4 sides. Spread the Snack Factory® Pretzel Crisps® out in a single layer in the bottom of the dish.
- 2. For the fudge, add the sugar, 1 cup heavy cream, butter, and salt to a 3-quart saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil, and then turn the heat down slightly so it doesn’t boil over and cook it until it reaches between 234 to 240F on a candy thermometer (soft ball stage). Turn the heat off and carefully stir in the marshmallows, peanut butter, and vanilla. Pour the fudge onto the pretzels in the prepared dish. Cool to room temperature, and then cover the fudge with plastic wrap and let it set at room temperature overnight.
- 3. For the ganache, add the chocolate to a medium bowl; heat 1/2 cup heavy cream to a gentle simmer in a small saucepan on the stovetop. Carefully pour the cream onto the chocolate, and let it sit for 10 minutes before stirring to melt the chocolate. Whisk the chocolate and cream to combine, and then pour it on top of the fudge and spread it out.
- 4. Let the ganache set before cutting.
- 5. Serve at room temperature so the fudge melts in your mouth.