Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 16 minutes
Total time: 26 minutes
Yield: 9 bars
2 cups cooked quinoa (equal to 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa)
2 cups steel cut oats
1/2 cup mini dark chocolate chips
1/4 cup ground flaxseed
1/2 cup Smooth Operator peanut butter
1/2 cup skim milk
1/3 cup honey
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Cook the quinoa according to the directions on the package. Allow it to cool before moving forward.
2. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
3. Combine the cooked quinoa, steel cut oats, chopped chocolate chips, and flaxseed in a bowl, and mix to combine.
4. Add in the peanut butter, milk, honey, and cinnamon, and stir to combine. Spray the 1/3 measuring cup with nonstick cooking spray before measuring the honey to ensure that it doesn’t stick to the cup.
5. Spray an 8×8-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Transfer the peanut butter quinoa mixture to the baking pan and distribute evenly.
6. Bake for 14-16 minutes. Remove pan from the oven and allow the bars to cool. Cut and store in an airtight container in the fridge.
PEANUT BUTTER GIVEAWAY
What other ingredients would you add to these bars?
Leave a comment below with your answer to enter for a chance at winning a jar of Smooth Operator, the peanut butter used in this recipe.
– The giveaway is open to USA residents only and will run until Monday, January 12th, 2015 at 11:59 PM EST.
– One entry per person.
– Winner(s) will be generated via a random number generator and notified via the contact email provided on the comment form.
– Winner(s) will have until 1/19/15 to claim their prize or we will choose another winner.
– Winner will win one jar of Smooth Operator peanut butter. Product will be shipped by Peanut Butter & Co.
– No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Must be 18 years of age to enter. See Official Giveaway Rules.