If you’re looking for a fun and festive cookie to surprise the kiddos (and kids at heart) at your next holiday party, these Peanut Butter Reindeer Cookies are it! They whip up in about an hour from start-to-finish, and are absolutely adorable. I like to make these cookies on the smaller side using 1 tablespoon of dough per cookie, Snack Factory® Pretzel Crisps® Original Gluten Free Minis for antlers, chocolate pearls or mini chocolate chips for eyes, and mini red M&Ms for noses. If you prefer bigger cookies, you can use 2 tablespoons of dough per cookie, regular-sized Snack Factory® Pretzel Crisps® for antlers, regular chocolate chips for eyes, and red peanut M&Ms for noses (and slightly adjust the cooking time if they need another minute or so in the oven). Either way, these cookies are sure to be the cutest addition to your cookie platter!
Prep time: 50 minutes
Cooktime: 8 minutes
Total time: 58 minutes
Yield: 36 cookies (about 3 dozen)
1/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
3/4 cup Peanut Butter & Co. Smooth Operator peanut butter
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
72 Snack Factory® Pretzel Crisps® Original Gluten Free Minis (for the antlers)
72 mini chocolate chips or chocolate pearls (for the eyes)
36 mini red M&Ms (for the noses)
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350°F; line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper or silpat liners.
- 2. Cream together the butter and peanut butter in a large bowl; beat in the brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Stir in the flour, salt, and baking soda. (The dough will be crumbly, but should stick together when you squeeze it.)
- 3. Use a 1 tablespoon-sized scoop to measure out the dough and roll it into balls; flatten each ball into an oval shape with a slightly pointy end (sort-of like an egg shape).
- 4. Arrange the cookies about 1 1/2 to 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheets. Press 2 Snack Factory® Pretzel Crisps® into the top sides of each cookie at the non-pointy end (for the antlers). Press 2 mini chocolate chips into the dough under the antlers (for the eyes), and then press a mini red M&M toward the pointy end of the cookie (for the nose).
- 5. Bake until the cookies are set along the outside and slightly doughy in the center, about 8 to 9 minutes.
- 6. Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool completely before removing them from the trays.