One of life’s Big Sadnesses? The fact that Girl Scout cookies are not available year-round. Luckily, this peanut butter Tagalong party dip offers a flavor sensation that will tide you over until the next selling season.
This creamy, Tagalong-inspired dessert dip’s flavor boasts the perfect combination of salty, sweet, and peanut buttery. It’s like eating the delicious center of a Tagalong cookie. Studded with chocolate morsels, this dip is heaven on cookies or graham crackers, but so good that you’ll feel fine eating it with a spoon, too. Oh, and did I mention that it only takes 10 minutes (or less) to make? Dessert is served!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: n/a
Total time: 10 minutes
Yield: 10-12 servings
3/4 cup Smooth Operator Peanut Butter
4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
4 ounces (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt* (see recipe note)
4 ounces milk chocolate or semisweet morsels
Cookies, for serving
- 1. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the Smooth Operator peanut butter, cream cheese, and butter. Cream on medium speed for about 3 minutes; the mixture will look silky and smooth in texture. If there still appear to be little lumps in the mixture (the cream cheese is probably to blame) keep on mixing until it is smooth.
- 2. Pause the mixer and add the confectioners’ sugar, vanilla extract, and salt. Mix on low speed at first (to keep the sugar from causing a snowstorm) then increase to high, mixing until everything is smooth and cohesive.
Note: If the mix is too thick for your liking, stir in a small amount of milk or cream, 1 teaspoon at a time, until it has attained your desired consistency.
- 3. Remove the bowl from the mixer and fold in the chocolate by hand. Transfer the mixture to a serving bowl, and serve alongside cookies for dipping.
- 4. Transfer the mixture to a serving bowl, and serve alongside cookies or fruit for dipping.
- Recipe notes: Store leftovers in the refrigerator with plastic wrap on top. Serve at room temperature for the easiest dipping texture.
This recipe calls for a little extra salt. Personally I think that this really makes it crave-worthy. However, please note that Smooth Operator peanut butter does contain some salt already; if you prefer less-salted finished results, omit the added salt.
Prefer a different dipper than cookies? Try this recipe with a variety of your favorite fruits.