This particular sweet loaf is made with pumpkin puree, which makes the bread incredibly tender and moist. The pumpkin is then spiced up with Pumpkin Spice peanut butter for an extra rich flavor and texture.
If you ask me, pumpkin and peanut butter are a perfect combination: earthy and rich, all at once. The spices swirled in the peanut butter work beautifully in this memorable quick bread, which is hearty enough to fill you up for breakfast, but is still cakey enough to feel like a real treat.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour plus cooling
Total time: 1 hour and 10 minutes
Yield: 2 9X5-inch loaves
3 1/3 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup light brown sugar, packed
2 cups granulated sugar
1 stick (4 ounces) plus 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup Pumpkin Spice peanut butter
1 can (15 ounces) plain pumpkin puree
1/2 cup water
Optional, for topping
3 cups confectioners’ sugar
1/2 cup cream or half and half
2 tablespoons Pumpkin Spice peanut butter
1. Position a rack in the middle position of your oven. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Generously grease two 9×5-inch loaf pans.
3. In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set to the side.
4. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the butter, two types of sugar, and Pumpkin Spice peanut butter. Mix on low speed at first, and then once everything is moistened increase the speed to medium-high. Mix until everything is fluffy and creamy, about 2 minutes.
5. Pause the mixer. Add the eggs, one at a time, pausing to scrape down the sides of the bowl with each addition, and letting each egg incorporate into the batter with the mixer on low speed before adding the next.
6. Pause the mixer, and add the pumpkin puree. Mix on low speed (the mixture is quite liquid at this point) until combined; scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
7. Add the flour mixture in 2-3 increments, alternating with the water. Mix only until no streaks remain.
8. Pour the batter in the prepared pans. Bake in the preheated oven for 55-65 minutes, rotating the pans halfway through baking. Once a toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean, the breads are done and can be removed from the oven.
9. Let them cool in the pans for about 10 minutes, and then run a knife around the perimeter of the pan to loosen the bread. Turn out on to a wire rack to cool completely.
10. While the bread cools, you can make a glaze to top it if you’d like. In a bowl, combine 2 cups of confectioners’ sugar with 2-3 tablespoons of half and half or cream, adding the liquid in small amounts until the mixture is thick but pourable. Spread over the top of your breads, either in zigzags or coat the entire surfaces.
11. For an added pretty touch (optional), pipe 1 tablespoon of softened Pumpkin Spice peanut butter on top of each iced loaf.
12. Keep the pumpkin bread in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days, or you can freeze the bread for up to a month.
PEANUT BUTTER GIVEAWAY
What other kinds of baked pumpkin spice recipes would you like to see us make?
Leave a comment below with your answer to enter for a chance at winning a jar of of Pumpkin Spice peanut butter, the peanut butter used in this recipe.
– The giveaway is open to USA residents only and will run until Thursday, September 3rd, 2015 at 11:59 PM EST.
– One entry per person.
– Winner(s) will be generated via a random number generator and notified via the contact email provided on the comment form.
– Winner(s) will have until 9/9/15 to claim their prize or we will choose another winner.
– Winner will win one jar of Pumpkin Spice peanut butter. Product will be shipped by Peanut Butter & Co.
– No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Must be 18 years of age to enter. See Official Giveaway Rules.