Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total time: 1 hour and 5 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
1/4 cup Smooth Operator peanut butter
2 tablespoon coconut milk
Juice from half a lime
1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon fish sauce
1 teaspoon sriracha
1/2 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
1 cup slaw mix
1/4 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil
1 tablespoon peanut oil
2 chicken breasts, diced
Salt and pepper, to taste
8 sandwich buns
1. In a bowl, whisk together the peanut butter, coconut milk, lime juice, soy sauce, fish sauce, sriracha, fresh ginger, garlic and cilantro.
2. Cover and let the mixture sit on the counter for 45 minutes.
3. Prepare the ginger slaw. In a small bowl, combine the slaw, minced ginger, and vegetable oil. Mix to combine. Set aside.
4. In a skillet pan, heat the peanut oil over medium-high heat. Add in the diced chicken, and cook for 7 minutes, stirring the chicken until it’s cooked. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Turn the heat off and add in the peanut butter mixture. Stir to evenly coat the chicken.
6. To assemble the sandwiches, place the Thai peanut butter chicken on sandwich buns and top with the ginger slaw.
PEANUT BUTTER GIVEAWAY
What other kinds of Thai-inspired recipes would you like to see us make?
Leave a comment below with your answer to enter for a chance at winning a jar of of Smooth Operator peanut butter, the peanut butter used in this recipe.
– The giveaway is open to USA residents only and will run until Thursday, September 24th, 2015 at 11:59 PM EST.
– One entry per person.
– Winner(s) will be generated via a random number generator and notified via the contact email provided on the comment form.
– Winner(s) will have until 9/28/15 to claim their prize or we will choose another winner.
– Winner will win one jar of Smooth Operator peanut butter. Product will be shipped by Peanut Butter & Co.
– No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Must be 18 years of age to enter. See Official Giveaway Rules.