Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 3 hours
Total time: 3 hours and 10 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
8 bone-in chicken thighs<
3/4 The Heat is On peanut butter
1/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
1/4 cup cider vinegar
5 tablespoons dark brown sugar
1/2 cup low-sodium chicken stock
1. In a small bowl stir together The Heat is On peanut butter, soy sauce, vinegar, and dark brown sugar until smooth.
2. Pat the chicken thighs dry with a paper towel and nestle them in a 5-quart slow cooker. Pour the chicken stock over the thighs and let it drizzle down underneath them. Use a spatula to slather the thighs with the peanut sauce on both sides, generously coating the top.
3. Cook the chicken thighs on high heat for 3 hours. Remove the lid to release the steam and use tongs to place the thighs over the rice to serve.
PEANUT BUTTER GIVEAWAY
Kelsey serves the chicken on a bed of white rice. How else would you turn the chicken into a complete entree?
Leave a comment below with your answer to enter for a chance at winning a jar of The Heat Is On the peanut butter used in this recipe!
– The giveaway is open to USA residents only and will run until Monday, October 15, 2012 at 11:59 PM EST.
– One entry per person.
– Winner(s) will be generated via a random number generator and notified via the contact email provided on the comment form.
– Winner(s) will have until 10/18/12 to claim their prize or we will choose another winner.
– Winner will win one 16oz jar of The Heat Is On peanut butter ($6 value). Product will be shipped by Peanut Butter & Co.
– No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Must be 18 years of age to enter. See Official Giveaway Rules.