Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total time: 1 hour and 20 minutes
Yield: 20 cookies
For the Cookie
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
pinch of salt
1/2 cup Pumpkin Spice peanut butter, melted
2 tablespoons vegan, soy-free butter
3/4 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/3 cup cold water (approx.)
Shortening to grease
Cookie cutters for shaping
Vegan sprinkles to decorate
For the Peanut Butter Drizzle
1/4 cup Pumpkin Spice peanut butter
1 tablespoon vegan, soy-free butter
1. In large mixing bowl combine the flour, baking powder, and salt, whisking until well combined.
2. In another mixing bowl combine the pumpkin spice peanut butter and vegan butter (both melted) until well mixed. Next, add in the white sugar and vanilla, stirring vigorously until mixture is smooth.
3. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet, stirring consistently until a mealy texture takes shape. Next, begin adding water 1 tablespoon at a time until dough can be formed into a ball. Once dough is formed, transfer to refrigerator to chill for 1 hour.
4. Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease two baking sheets with shortening.
5. When ready, sandwich dough between two lightly floured pieces of parchment paper, then using a rolling pin roll out into a thin, even layer. Remove top parchment piece and cut out shapes, then transfer to greased baking sheet. Top with sprinkles, then bake for 9–10 minutes until edges just begin to set. Cool to room temperature.
6. While cookies cool, in small bowl combine the peanut butter drizzle ingredients. Microwave for ~30 seconds until melted, then stir as needed until smooth. Use a fork to drizzle peanut butter topping over cookies, then eat!
PEANUT BUTTER GIVEAWAY
What other kinds of vegan pumpkin spice recipes would you like to see us make?
Leave a comment below with your answer to enter for a chance at winning a jar of of Pumpkin Spice peanut butter, the peanut butter used in this recipe.
– The giveaway is open to USA residents only and will run until Thursday, September 3rd, 2015 at 11:59 PM EST.
– One entry per person.
– Winner(s) will be generated via a random number generator and notified via the contact email provided on the comment form.
– Winner(s) will have until 9/9/15 to claim their prize or we will choose another winner.
– Winner will win one jar of Pumpkin Spice peanut butter. Product will be shipped by Peanut Butter & Co.
– No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Must be 18 years of age to enter. See Official Giveaway Rules.
Spread the word:
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
SEARCH FOR A RECIPE
- Appetizer, Breakfast, Brunch, Cake, Chicken, Chocolate, Cookies, Crunch Time, dairy-free, Dark Chocolate Dreams, Dessert, Dinner, Frosting, Gluten-free, healthy, Lunch, Mighty Maple, oatmeal, Old Fashioned Smooth, Peanut butter, Peanut Butter & Co., Peanut Butter and Jelly, Pie, recipe, Sandwich, Savory, Side dish, smoothies, Smooth Operator, Snack, Spicy, Summer, Sweet, Sweets, Thanksgiving, The Bee's Knees, The Heat is On, Treats, Vegan, Vegetables, Vegetarian, video recipe, videos, White Chocolate Wonderful, youtube