Salty, sweet, crunchy. Totally satisfying. Who doesn’t love peanut brittle? And this brittle’s been infused with Dark Chocolate Dreams which adds chocolate and peanut butter flavor to the crispy candy. You’ll never go back to plain old brittle after trying this!
This recipe is from our new cookbook 31 Days of Dark Chocolate Dreams which contains a month’s worth of decadent recipes featuring Dark Chocolate Dreams, all natural peanut butter blended with rich dark chocolate.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes, plus 1 hour to cool
Yield: 1 pound brittle
Nonstick cooking spray
2 cups roasted, salted peanuts
1½ cups sugar
½ cup light corn syrup
¼ teaspoon salt
½ cup Dark Chocolate Dreams peanut butter
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking soda
1. Spray an 11×17-inch sheet pan with nonstick cooking spray and place the peanuts on the pan in a single layer.
2. Place the sugar, corn syrup, salt, and 1/4 cup water in a tall saucepan over medium-high heat and bring to a strong simmer, stirring occasionally.
3. Continue stirring until the mixture reaches the “hard-crack stage” (see tip below) or a kitchen thermometer registers 300°F.
4. Remove from the heat and stir in the Dark Chocolate Dreams peanut butter, butter, and vanilla extract. Carefully stir in baking soda as the mixture will increase in volume dramatically.
5. Immediately pour the mixture over the peanuts on the prepared sheet pan and, using an offset spatula, spread until ¼-inch thick. Let cool for 1 hour before breaking into large pieces. Store in an airtight container, unrefrigerated, for at least 2 weeks.
The “Hard-Crack Stage”
If you don’t have a candy or kitchen thermometer that goes up to 300°F, simply drizzle a pea-sized amount of the liquid into cold water. If it forms into a solid that cracks when bent, it’s ready.