From our new cookbook 31 Days of Dark Chocolate Dreams comes the perfect Valentine’s Day recipe, chocolate peanut butter truffles!
Learn how to prepare the simple centers then coat the chocolate shell in anything you want. From peanuts and cocoa powder to red and white sprinkles, the tasty possibilities are endless.
Prep time: 1 hour
Total time: 1 hour plus 1 hour to chill
Yield: 36 truffles
1/2 Dark Chocolate Dreams peanut butter
1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup nonfat powdered milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
Semisweet chocolate, for coating
Finely chopped peanuts, for coating
Unsweetened cocoa powder, for coating
1. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the Dark Chocolate Dreams peanut butter, confectioners’ sugar, butter, powdered milk, vanilla extract, and salt and knead it into a dough-like consistency.
3. Roll the truffle mixture between the palms of your hands to form balls about the size of a quarter. Continue forming the truffles until the mixture is used up, transferring finished ones to the prepared sheet pan as you go. Refrigerator for 1 hour to firm up.
4. Make a double boiler by filling a medium-sized saucepan halfway with water and placing a large glass bowl over the top of the pan. Bring the water to a boil and then reduce heat to low. Add the chocolate chips and stir until completely melted.
5. Skewer each chilled truffle with a toothpick and roll in the melted chocolate. Press into the finely chopped peanuts or leave plain (to dust with cocoa powder after they’ve cooled). Return to the parchment paper and remove the toothpick before cooling. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.