Impress your guests with this beautiful and decadent crepe cake from our Dark Chocolate Dreams cookbook! Two dozen delectable crepes are piled high with a mouthwatering whipped Dark Chocolate Dreams filling spread between each one. This dessert is perfect for parties!
Prep time: 50 minutes, plus one hour to chill
Cook Time: 1 hour and 10 minutes, plus one hour to chill
Total time: 4 hours
Yield: 12-16 slices
For the crepes
3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
6 cups whole milk
8 large eggs
6 large egg whites
4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
Nonstick cooking spray
For the filling
2 cups heavy whipping cream
1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
1 (16-ounce) jar Dark Chocolate Dreams peanut butter
Unsweetened cocoa powder, for garnish
1. Using a blender, blend the butter, milk, eggs, egg whites, flour, sugar, and salt for 2 minutes, or until entirely smooth. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
2. Spray a 9-inch sauté pan with nonstick cooking spray and place over medium heat. Pour 4-5 tablespoons of crepe batter into the pan and swirl so that the batter spreads evenly. Cook about 1 minute, just until bubbles begin to form on the surface of the crepe, before flipping. Cook on the second side for only about 10 seconds before transferring to parchment paper to cool.
3. Repeat the last step until you have 20-25 usable crepes.
4. Using an electric mixer, beat the whipping cream and confectioners’ sugar until medium peaks form and then gently fold in the Dark Chocolate Dreams peanut butter.
5. Assemble the cake on a cake stand by spreading a thin layer of the Dark Chocolate Dreams cream on a single crepe. Top with another crepe and continue this process, leaving the final crepe frosted. To garnish, dust the final crepe with unsweetened cocoa powder. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours to set before slicing. Store refrigerated for up to 3 days.
This recipe will have leftover batter. Refrigerate leftover batter and use within two days.