Learn how to make a loaded homemade version of the quintessential on-the-go breakfast! These granola bars are packed to the brim with yummy ingredients like peanuts, dried cherries, and chocolate chips, and you can add in any of your own favorites as well. They’re also a great treat to pack for school lunches!
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
Yield: 10 granola bars
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup dark brown sugar, packed
3/4 cup Mighty Maple peanut butter, warmed in the microwave for about 30 sec.-1 minute, or just until melted
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
2 3/4 cups rolled oats
1 cup roasted salted peanuts, finely chopped
1 1/2 cups dried cherries, roughly chopped
1/2 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
1. Grease an 8- or 9-inch square baking pan and line with foil so that it overhangs.
2. In a medium saucepan over low heat, combine the honey, butter, and brown sugar and bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer 2 minutes. Stir in the warmed peanut until combined.
3. Pour the peanut butter syrup into a large mixing bowl, and add the vanilla, cinnamon, salt, oats, chopped peanuts, and dried fruit and mix until everything is evenly coated.
4. Spread the mixture into the baking pan and press down tightly. Let firm in the refrigerator about 20 minutes.
5. Lift bars out of baking pan, and use a sharp knife to cut into desired size. Wrap each bar individually and store at cool room temperature or the refrigerator.