National Blueberry Pie Day is April 28th and we’re celebrating it with a blueberry pie twist via these Peanut Butter Blueberry Pie Bars!
Using peanut butter dough for both the crust and the streusel, the result is almost like a peanut butter cookie with a blueberry pie filling. So yummy!
These sliceable bars are easy to transport and perfect for outdoor picnics when bringing a pie might be too difficult.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total time: 1 hour 10 minutes
Yield: 16 bars
¼ cup (½ stick) cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces, plus more for pan
2 cups all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
½ cup Mighty Maple peanut butter
1 cup granulated sugar
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup (½ pint) fresh blueberries
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Brush an 8×8-inch square baking pan with butter and line with parchment or foil. Brush parchment (or foil) with butter; set pan aside.
2. With your hands, combine flour, butter, peanut butter, sugar, and salt until coarse crumbs form. Transfer half of mixture to prepared pan and press into bottom of pan. In a medium bowl, toss together blueberries and cornstarch to coat, then add maple syrup. Pour blueberries over crust. Squeeze remaining flour mixture into clumps and scatter over blueberries.
3. Bake bars until topping is golden brown, 50 to 60 minutes. Let bars cool completely in pan set on a wire rack. Once cool, lift bars from pan and transfer to a cutting board; cut into 16 bars.
Spread the word:
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
SEARCH FOR A RECIPE
- Appetizer, Breakfast, Brunch, Cake, Chicken, Chocolate, Cookies, Crunch Time, dairy-free, Dark Chocolate Dreams, Dessert, Dinner, Frosting, Gluten-free, healthy, Lunch, Mighty Maple, oatmeal, Old Fashioned Smooth, Peanut butter, Peanut Butter & Co., Peanut Butter and Jelly, Pie, recipe, Sandwich, Savory, Side dish, smoothies, Smooth Operator, Snack, Spicy, Summer, Sweet, Sweets, Thanksgiving, The Bee's Knees, The Heat is On, Treats, Vegan, Vegetables, Vegetarian, video recipe, videos, White Chocolate Wonderful, youtube