Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
Yield: 4-6 servings
2 pounds chicken tenders
1 cup flour
3/4 cup Smooth Operator peanut butter, warmed slightly in the microwave
1 cup buttermilk
2 tablespoons buffalo hot sauce (such as Frank’s Red Hot)
2 1/2 cups panko-style bread crumbs
2 teaspoons smoked paprika
For the sauce
1/2 cup Smooth Operator peanut butter, slightly warmed
2 tablespoons buffalo hot sauce (or more for a spicier sauce)
1/4 cup buttermilk
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease two baking sheets with cooking spray.
2. Generously season the chicken tenders on all sides with salt and pepper.
3. Season the flour with salt and pepper, and place in a shallow bowl.
4. Whisk together the peanut butter, buttermilk, and hot sauce until smooth. Place in a shallow bowl.
5. Combine the bread crumbs and paprika, and place in a third shallow bowl.
6. Bread the chicken by dipping first in the seasoned flour, then the peanut butter batter, then the bread crumbs. Shake off excess crumbs, and arrange on a baking sheet. Repeat with rest of chicken.
7. Bake chicken for 15 minutes, then turn and continue to bake for 10 more minutes, or until golden and crisp.
8. Prepare the sauce by whisking together peanut butter, hot sauce, and buttermilk until smooth.
9. Serve chicken tenders with dipping sauce.