Prep time: 1 hour
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total time: 2 hours
Yield: 8 servings
Extra virgin olive oil
1 pound baby bella or button mushrooms, coarsely chopped in a food processor
1 large onion, finely diced
1 large red bell pepper, finely diced
Kosher salt and black pepper
3 large garlic cloves, minced
1/3 cup parsley, finely minced
1 cup rolled oats, coarsely chopped in a food processor
3 large eggs, slightly beaten (to make vegan, substitute equivalent egg replacer like Ener-G or Bob’s Red Mill), slightly beaten
3/4 cup Crunch Time peanut butter
1 tablespoon oregano
2 teaspoons smoked paprika
½ cup grated parmesan cheese (to make vegan, substitute ¼ cup nutritional yeast or skip completely)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan and line with parchment paper so that it overhangs on the sides.
2. Heat a few tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the mushrooms, onions, and bell pepper, season with salt and pepper, and sauté about 7-10 minutes or until most of the liquid has reduced.
3. Transfer the mushroom mixture to a large bowl and add the garlic, parsley, oats, eggs, peanut butter, oregano, paprika, and parmesan cheese. Mix well until evenly combined.
4. Spread mixture in prepared loaf pan, and smooth top. Bake 1 hour, or until loaf is puffed, set, and slightly crunchy on top.
5. Let cool in loaf pan at least 30 minutes before gently lifting out of pan onto a serving dish. Slice and serve.