I have a couple tips to make sure your blondies come out right: (1.) It is not a mistake that there is no baking powder or baking soda in this recipe; the eggs are the only leavener needed because we don’t really want the blondies to rise. (2.) Be careful not to over-bake the blondies; even just 5 minutes of over-baking can take away their gooey factor. (3.) Make sure to let the blondies cool completely before cutting, otherwise you’ll think they’re undercooked and want to bake them longer. Keep these tricks in mind and you’ll end up with perfect blondies every time!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
Yield: 1 9X9-inch pan, about 16 servings
1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
3/4 cup White Chocolate Wonderful peanut butter
3/4 cup dark brown sugar, lightly packed
2 large eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 (4 ounce) 60% cacao chocolate bar, chopped into chunks
1 cup Peanut Butter & Co. Butter Toffee Peanuts, coarsely chopped, divided
1 1/4 cups small pretzels, crushed but not completely smashed
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Melt the butter in a large bowl and let it cool slightly. Stir in the peanut butter, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
3. Stir in the flour and salt, and then stir in the chopped chocolate and half of the chopped peanuts.
4. Spread the batter evenly into a glass 9X9-inch baking dish. (Alternatively, you can use a metal pan; if you do so, start checking for doneness after 18 minutes of baking because the blondies will cook faster). Optionally, you can line the baking dish with parchment paper first.
5. Sprinkle on the crushed pretzels, lightly pressing them into the top, and then sprinkle on the peanuts, lightly pressing them into the top as well. If your pretzels are unsalted, sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon coarse kosher or sea salt evenly on top. (The salt gives a nice balance to the sweet ingredients in this dish.)
6. Bake until the blondies are golden along the edges and set in the middle, about 25 minutes.
7. Cool completely before cutting.
Spread the word:
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
SEARCH FOR A RECIPE
- Appetizer, Breakfast, Brunch, Cake, Chicken, Chocolate, Cookies, Crunch Time, dairy-free, Dark Chocolate Dreams, Dessert, Dinner, Frosting, Gluten-free, healthy, Lunch, Mighty Maple, oatmeal, Old Fashioned Smooth, Peanut butter, Peanut Butter & Co., Peanut Butter and Jelly, Pie, recipe, Sandwich, Savory, Side dish, smoothies, Smooth Operator, Snack, Spicy, Summer, Sweet, Sweets, Thanksgiving, The Bee's Knees, The Heat is On, Treats, Vegan, Vegetables, Vegetarian, video recipe, videos, White Chocolate Wonderful, youtube