Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
3 sweet potatoes (medium-sized)
1 canned chipotle in adobo sauce + 2 tablespoons adobo sauce (only 1 chipotle; reserve the rest of the can for another use)
1/2 cup Old Fashioned Crunchy peanut butter
3 tablespoons water
4 whole wheat wraps or large burrito-style tortillas
1 cup plain whole Greek-style yogurt
1/2 cup finely sliced scallions (green part only)
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Wash and dry the sweet potatoes. Leave the skin on and dice into cubes, about 1” each. Spread out on prepared baking sheet and roast in oven for about 10 minutes or until fully cooked.
3. Dice the chipotle finely.
4. In a small saucepan over low heat, combine the peanut butter, diced chipotle, adobo sauce, and water. Whisk until smooth then remove from heat. (It may separate a bit, but that’s OK.)
5. Add the roasted sweet potato pieces to the peanut butter mixture and stir to coat evenly.
1. Spread each tortilla with about 1/4 cup of the plain Greek-style yogurt (you can use more, if desired). Sprinkle on the sliced scallions. Top with the sweet potato and peanut mixture. Season with kosher salt and black pepper, to taste.
2. Bring the wrap in on each side and the roll to form a sealed burrito-style wrap. Cut in half and serve immediately.