This time of year we’re all looking for new cookie ideas for holiday parties, cookie exchanges, and gifting purposes. These cookies are a hazelnut spin on a classic peanut butter favorite; they’re a little more elegant with the flavor of hazelnut, and a little more grown-up with the addition of a crunchy layer of salted caramel brownie brittle crust. They’re still the perfect pairing with a glass of cold milk or a cup of coffee, and they’re festive enough to maybe even be everyone’s new favorite.
Prep time: 22 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Yield: 30 – 34 cookies
1/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
3/4 cup Chocmeister Milk Chocolatey Hazelnut Spread
3/4 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
1 large egg
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 of a 5 oz package of Sheila G’s Salted Caramel Brownie Brittle
30 to 34 chocolate kiss candies, unwrapped
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper or silpat liners.
- 2. Cream together the butter and hazelnut spread in a large bowl; beat in the brown sugar, egg, and vanilla. Stir in the flour, salt, and baking soda.
- 3. Process the brownie brittle in a blender or food processor until powdery.
- 4. Use a 1 tablespoon-sized scoop to measure out the dough and roll it into balls; roll each ball in the powdered brownie brittle.
- 5. Arrange the dough balls about 1 1/2 to 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheets, and bake until the cookies are set along the outside and slightly doughy in the center, about 8 minutes.
- 6. Remove the cookies from the oven and immediately push a kiss into the top of each. Cool completely.
Spread the word:
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
SEARCH FOR A RECIPE
- Appetizer, Breakfast, Brunch, Cake, Chicken, Chocolate, Cookies, Crunch Time, dairy-free, Dark Chocolate Dreams, Dessert, Dinner, Frosting, Gluten-free, healthy, Lunch, Mighty Maple, oatmeal, Old Fashioned Smooth, Peanut butter, Peanut Butter & Co., Peanut Butter and Jelly, Pie, recipe, Sandwich, Savory, Side dish, smoothies, Smooth Operator, Snack, Spicy, Summer, Sweet, Sweets, Thanksgiving, The Bee's Knees, The Heat is On, Treats, Vegan, Vegetables, Vegetarian, video recipe, videos, White Chocolate Wonderful, youtube