My recipe for Mighty Maple Peanut Butter Yogurt Scones was inspired by an unforgettable cranberry yogurt scone that I tasted a few years back at a bed and breakfast in Vermont. This time my scones incorporate one of my absolute favorite ingredients: peanut butter! The combination of whole wheat flour, maple syrup, French vanilla yogurt, and maple peanut butter creates a slightly sweet yet hearty scone that will start your day off on the right foot!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 19-20 minutes
Total time: 23-25 minutes
Yield: 8 scones
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons butter, softened
3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
1/3 cup Peanut Butter & Co. Mighty Maple peanut butter
1 6-ounce container Stonyfield organic 0% fat French Vanilla yogurt
1. Preheat your oven to 400°F
2. Mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
3. Add in peanut butter, yogurt, maple syrup, and butter, mixing as you go.
4. Form dough into a ball, place on a greased baking sheet and pat down into a circle about 1/2 to 1/4 -inch thick.
5. Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar and then cut into 8 segments.
6. Bake for about 17-19 minutes or until edges are slightly crisp and the top is lightly browned.
7. Allow to cool before serving.