Prep time: 3 hours and 20 minutes (includes chilling time)
Cook Time: 45-50 minutes, plus cooling time
Total time: 1 hour and 18 minutes
Yield: 12 servings
For the base
2 cups finely crushed Graham crackers (about 15)
1/2 stick butter (4 ounces)
1/4 cup Chocmeister Milk Chocolatey Hazelnut Spread
For the Chocmeister Cheesecake Layer
16 ounces (2 bricks) full-fat cream cheese, softened to room temperature
1 cup Chocmeister Milk Chocolatey Hazelnut Spread, plus 1/2 cup
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
Whipped cream and chocolate shavings, to garnish
1. Generously grease a 9-inch square baking pan. Line the pan with parchment paper, leaving little “arms” on either side, to make removal easy later. Grease the top of the parchment.
2. In a large bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, Chocmeister Milk Chocolatey Hazelnut Spread, and salt. Stir until totally combined. Press the mixture evenly into the prepared pan, using a spatula to pack it down firmly and evenly.
3. Preheat the oven to 325°F.
4. Prepare the Chocmeister cheesecake layer. In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream the cream cheese until very smooth and creamy, about 5 minutes on medium-high speed. You don’t want a single lump.
5. Add 1 cup of the Chocmeister Milk Chocolatey Hazelnut Spread (reserving 1/2 cup for later use in the recipe) and the sugar, and continue creaming until completely smooth, about 3 more minutes.
6. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing briefly after each addition. Stir in the vanilla and salt, and mix to combine.
7. Spread the cheesecake mixture on top of the prepared crust, trying to spread it evenly in the pan.
8. Bake for 40-50 minutes, rotating the pan at the 20 minute mark, or until the middle of the pan appears “set” and only jiggles a tiny bit when the pan is moved. Remove the pan to a wire rack to cool to room temperature (this can take about 2 hours!).
9. Once the cheesecake reaches room temperature, transfer to the fridge to cool completely.
10. Remove from the fridge, and slice into four rows; slice each long row into four portions, so you have 16 squares. Be sure to clean the knife between slices to keep them as neat as possible.
11. Grab that remaining 1/2 cup Chocmeister Milk Chocolatey Hazelnut Spread. Spoon a small amount on top of each cheesecake bite.
12. If desired, top with whipped cream and finely chopped chocolate directly before serving. Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.