But really, they need not be so scary. This unfussy version is easy as can be, and doesn’t require piping or weighing your ingredients. The result might be a bit more homespun than Pierre Herme, but they’re decidedly delicious nonetheless, with cloudlike cookies which give way to a substantial smear of comforting, creamy white chocolate peanut butter and sweet preserves. Perhaps Santa would like these on his plate instead of the usual (just a thought)!
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour (includes cooling and filling)
Total time: 1 hour and 20 minutes
Yield: 16 macarons
For the cookies:
1/2 cup egg whites (about 4)
1 1/4 cups sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/2 cups almond meal or flour
For the filling:
1/2 cup preserves of your choice (I like raspberry)
1/2 cup White Chocolate Wonderful peanut butter
1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
2. Beat egg whites until frothy. Gradually beat in sugar. Continue beating
until very stiff and glossy. Stir in the vanilla, salt, and almond flour.
3. Drop heaping tablespoons of dough 2 inches apart on a parchment-lined sheet. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until lightly browned on the edges. Remove carefully with a spatula while still warm.
4. Turn the cookies over and try to pair like-sized cookies next to one another. Choose two to start. On one of the cookie half, spread a thin layer of preserves; on the other half, spread White Chocolate Wonderful peanut butter. Sandwich the halves together gently. Repeat with the remaining cookies.
Spread the word:
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
SEARCH FOR A RECIPE
- Appetizer, Breakfast, Brunch, Cake, Chicken, Chocolate, Cookies, Crunch Time, dairy-free, Dark Chocolate Dreams, Dessert, Dinner, Frosting, Gluten-free, healthy, Lunch, Mighty Maple, oatmeal, Old Fashioned Smooth, Peanut butter, Peanut Butter & Co., Peanut Butter and Jelly, Pie, recipe, Sandwich, Savory, Side dish, smoothies, Smooth Operator, Snack, Spicy, Summer, Sweet, Sweets, Thanksgiving, The Bee's Knees, The Heat is On, Treats, Vegan, Vegetables, Vegetarian, video recipe, videos, White Chocolate Wonderful, youtube