Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
6 slices thick cut bacon
1/2 cup Peanut Butter & Co. Old Fashioned Smooth Peanut Butter
2 tablespoons chives, chopped, plus more for garnish
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 1/2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 teaspoon brown sugar
8 slices of white bread, crusts removed
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. In a large saucepan over medium high heat, cook the bacon until just crisp. Remove from pan and cool and then crumble into small pieces. Set aside.
3. In a small bowl combine the peanut butter, 2 tablespoons of chives, lime juice, soy sauce, mayonnaise and brown sugar. Stir in the bacon pieces.
4. Spread the mixture evenly over the 8 slices of bread. Place them on a baking sheet and cook in preheated oven for 8 minutes. Remove from oven, cut each slice in half and garnish with additional chives.
PEANUT BUTTER GIVEAWAY
Matt spreads the peanut butter bacon mixture over pieces of white bread. What other base food would you use for the foundation of these canapés?
Leave a comment below with your answer to enter for a chance at winning a jar of Old Fashioned Smooth, the peanut butter used in this recipe.
– The giveaway is open to USA residents only and will run until Monday, May 6, 2013 at 11:59 PM EST.
– One entry per person.
– Winner(s) will be generated via a random number generator and notified via the contact email provided on the comment form.
– Winner(s) will have until 05/09/13 to claim their prize or we will choose another winner.
– Winner will win one 16oz jar of Old Fashioned Smooth. Product will be shipped by Peanut Butter & Co.
– No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Must be 18 years of age to enter. See Official Giveaway Rules.