This recipe is one of six recipes developed by noted food bloggers for the Peanut Butter & Co. and Stonyfield Nutty About Yogurt Recipe Contest. The recipes were created using Peanut Butter & Co. peanut butter and Stonyfield organic yogurt. The contest was a part of our 2012 yearlong initiative “Build a Better Breakfast with Peanut Butter.”
I’m sure you all remember “those kids” in the cafeteria that constantly tried to trade their PB&J sandwiches for your stuffed crust pizza or chicken nuggets. I was not one of those kids, being an avid lover of peanut butter and jelly ever since I was strong enough to open a jar. When I began to brainstorm ideas for this contest, I came across Julia Child’s recipe for a baked yogurt tart and immediately felt inspired. Here’s my version with a deliciously comforting PB&J spin. It’s quick, healthy, and sure to make you feel like a kid again!
Prep time: 5-10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total time: 35-40 minutes
Yield: 4-6 servings
1 1/4 cups Stonyfield organic 0% fat Pomegranate Berry yogurt
1/2 cup oat flour*
1 cup berries of choice
1/4 cup Peanut Butter & Co. Old Fashioned Smooth peanut butter
1/2 cup granola
*If you can’t find oat flour, you can simply grind 1/2 cup of oats in a food processor or blender!
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F
2. Beat eggs with mixer or whisk for 2-3 minutes.
3. Fold in yogurt with the beaten eggs.
4. Mix 1/2 cup oat flour with egg and yogurt mixture.
5. Pour batter in to a greased pie pan.
6. Add berries.
7. Bake at 325°F for 25-30 minutes.
8. Meanwhile, melt 1/4 cup peanut butter in the microwave for 30 seconds.
9. Add granola to the melted peanut butter and mix until the granola is completely coated with peanut butter.
10. Spread peanut butter and granola mixture on top of finished baked yogurt pie.
11. Serve at room temperature or chilled. Store leftovers in the refrigerator.