Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
Yield: 2-3 servings
For the Topping
2 tablespoons Golden Roasted Peanuts
whipped topping (use dairy-free if needed)
For the Milkshake
1 cup ice cubes
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk (from a carton, not canned)
1 large banana, frozen
5 large medjool dates, pitted
1/4 large avocado
6 tablespoons cocoa powder
1/4 cup Old Fashioned Smooth peanut butter
2-3 cups baby spinach, packed (use more spinach if you’re already a green smoothie fan)
Make the Topping
Put the Golden Roasted Peanuts into a sealable plastic bag. Crush with the end of a butter knife or rolling pin until the peanuts are in small pieces. Set aside.
Make the Milkshake
1. Put the ice cubes in the bottom of a high-powered blender. (I used my Vita-Mix.) Pour in the coconut milk, then add the banana, dates, avocado, cocoa powder, and Old Fashioned Smooth peanut butter. Top with the baby spinach.
2. Start on low, and gradually increase to the highest speed. Push the ingredients into the blades with the tamper as needed. Mix just until rich and creamy.
Pour the milkshake into chilled glasses. Top with whipped topping then sprinkle with crushed Golden Roasted Peanuts. Serve immediately.
PEANUT BUTTER GIVEAWAY
What other ingredients would you add to a smoothie/milkshake recipe containing greens and peanut butter?
Leave a comment below with your answer to enter for a chance at winning a jar of Old Fashioned Smooth, the peanut butter used in this recipe.
– The giveaway is open to USA residents only and will run until Monday, April 29, 2013 at 11:59 PM EST.
– One entry per person.
– Winner(s) will be generated via a random number generator and notified via the contact email provided on the comment form.
– Winner(s) will have until 05/02/13 to claim their prize or we will choose another winner.
– Winner will win one 16oz jar of Old Fashioned Smooth. Product will be shipped by Peanut Butter & Co.
– No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Must be 18 years of age to enter. See Official Giveaway Rules.