Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour and 30-45 minutes
Total time: 1 hour and 50 minutes
Yield: 16 servings
For the cake
3/4 cup (1.5 sticks) salted butter, softened to room temperature
1 cup The Bee’s Knees Peanut butter
2 1/4 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
5 large eggs
3 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
For the chocolate glaze
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
3 tablespoons salted butter
1 tablespoon light corn syrup
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 10” bundt cake pan with nonstick spray, set aside.
2. Using a hand or stand electric mixer, combine butter, peanut butter, sugars, and vanilla in a large bowl; beat until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt; slowly mix into the wet ingredients alternately with the milk. Slowly fold in 1 cup chocolate chips. Pour into prepared bundt pan.
4. Bake until light golden brown – about 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
5. Cool in pan for 15 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack.
6. Make the chocolate glaze: In a medium microwave-safe bowl, combine chocolate chips, butter, light corn syrup, and vanilla extract. Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring after each time, until completely melted and smooth. Drizzle warm glaze down the sides of cake.
Note: Cake stays fresh in an air-tight container for up to 5 days at room temperature. Serve warm or at room temperature.
PEANUT BUTTER GIVEAWAY
In her recipe, Sally studs the cake with chocolate chips. What other mix-ins would you bake into this peanut butter bundt?
Leave a comment below with your answer to enter for a chance at winning a jar of The Bee’s Knees, the peanut butter used in this recipe.
– The giveaway is open to USA residents only and will run until Monday, June 10 2013 at 11:59 PM EST.
– One entry per person.
– Winner(s) will be generated via a random number generator and notified via the contact email provided on the comment form.
– Winner(s) will have until 06/13/13 to claim their prize or we will choose another winner.
– Winner will win one 16oz jar of The Bee’s Knees. Product will be shipped by Peanut Butter & Co.
– No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Must be 18 years of age to enter. See Official Giveaway Rules.