Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
1/4 cup sweetened coconut flakes
1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
2 tablespoons Mighty Maple peanut butter, melted*
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
cooking spray to grease
*Or you may use any of your favorite Peanut Butter & Co. flavors
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease small baking sheet with cooking spray, then line with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. Soak quinoa in hot water for 10 minutes until just beginning to soften, then drain through strainer, removing as much water as possible.
3. In small bowl combine quinoa and coconut flakes, tossing until well mixed. Next add in coconut oil and peanut butter, stirring until smooth. Stir in maple syrup and cinnamon, mixing again until well combined.
4. Using a spatula, evenly spread mixture onto baking sheet in a thin layer. Bake for approximately 25 minutes until crisp (check it often after the 20 minute mark). Allow to cool completely, then break up with your hands. Enjoy on it’s own, or as a topping for yogurt.
PEANUT BUTTER GIVEAWAY
What other peanut butter breakfast recipes would you like to see?
Leave a comment below with your answer to enter for a chance at winning a jar of of Mighty Maple, the peanut butter used in this recipe.
– The giveaway is open to USA residents only and will run until Monday, April 27th, 2015 at 11:59 PM EST.
– One entry per person.
– Winner(s) will be generated via a random number generator and notified via the contact email provided on the comment form.
– Winner(s) will have until 5/5/15 to claim their prize or we will choose another winner.
– Winner will win one jar of Mighty Maple peanut butter. Product will be shipped by Peanut Butter & Co.
– No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Must be 18 years of age to enter. See Official Giveaway Rules.