Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Yield: 1 pie
30 Oreo Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
4 tablespoons butter, melted
1 cup milk chocolate chips
2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
3/4 cup full-fat plain Greek yogurt
1/2 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup hot water
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
1 cup Chocmeister Milk Chocolatey Hazelnut Spread
2 cups heavy cream, very cold (1 cup reserved for top layer)
3 tablespoons powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup white sugar
6 oz. softened cream cheese
Optional: chocolate bar
1. Lightly grease the bottom of an 8-inch springform pan. In a blender or food processor, blend the Oreo cookies until finely crushed. Mix in the melted butter and then press into the bottom of the springform pan.
2. For the bottom layer: Melt the chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl in bursts of 15 seconds.
3. Microwave 15 seconds, stir 15 seconds, microwave 15 seconds, stir 15 seconds or until the chocolate is smooth and creamy.
4. Once completely melted and smooth, set aside and allow to cool for 10-15 minutes. Do not skip this important step. If chocolate is too hot, it will seize in the next step.
5. In another bowl, stir together the cocoa powder, Greek yogurt (important to use full fat), sugar, and vanilla extract. Stir until smooth.
6. Add in the melted and cooled chocolate and mix until completely smooth. Pour over the crust. Place in the freezer while working on the top layer.
7. For the middle layer: In a bowl with a stand mixer, beat the heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla until it reaches stiff peaks. Once again, in another bowl, melt the chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl in bursts of 15 seconds. Microwave 15 seconds, stir 15 seconds, microwave 15 seconds, stir 15 seconds or until the chocolate is smooth and creamy. Again, allow to sit for 10-15 minutes. This is a very important step: do not skip it.
8. In the same bowl used for the bottom layer, whisk together the cocoa powder and hot water until smooth. Allow to cool.
9. Add the Chocmeister Milk Chocolatey Hazelnut Spread to the cooled off melted chocolate and mix well. Add to the cocoa powder mixture. Beat with hand mixer and mix until smooth and creamy.
10. Stir in the 2 cups of the whipped heavy cream mixture until completely combined.
11. Pour over evenly on top of the bottom layer and smooth the top with a spatula.
12. For the top layer: In a bowl with a stand mixer, mix together remaining 2 cups of whipped cream, softened cream cheese and sugar. Beat until smooth and creamy.
13. Pour over evenly on top of the last layer and smooth the top with a spatula.
14. Cover tightly and freeze for 4-6 hours.
15. If desired, use a vegetable peeler to “peel” a chocolate bar and create chocolate curls to decorate the cake with.