Did you know you can make cookie bars in a slow cooker? I was so excited to learn how versatile my slow cooker is with making desserts. In fact, I threw everything together before church and when I came home my kitchen smelled wonderfully of the most delicious peanut butter sweet treat. This method is especially great if you’re wanting to keep your oven free for other parts of your meal but want to have a warm dessert ready right after dinner. Want to make the cookie bars even better? Top them with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. YUM!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 60-90 minutes
Total time: 1 hour and 10 minutes
Yield: 12 cookie bars
1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup Peanut Butter & Co. Smooth Operator peanut butter
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 large egg, room temperature
1 tablespoon milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup peanut butter chips
- 1. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat the butter and Peanut Butter & Co. Smooth Operator peanut butter together until smooth and creamy.
- 3. Add the sugars and beat until smooth.
- 4. Add the egg and mix well. Add the milk and vanilla.
- 5. Add the flour mixture and beat thoroughly.
- 6. Stir in the peanut butter chips and peanuts.
- 7. Pour batter into the bottom of a foil lined slow cooker.
- 8. Secure a paper towel under the lid of the slow cooker. Cook on high 1 to 1 1/2 hours until set in the middle.
- 9. Use the aluminum foil to remove the cookies from the slow cooker. Cool at least 1 hour before cutting and serving.
Spread the word:
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
SEARCH FOR A RECIPE
- Appetizer, Breakfast, Brunch, Cake, Chicken, Chocolate, Cookies, Crunch Time, dairy-free, Dark Chocolate Dreams, Dessert, Dinner, Frosting, Gluten-free, healthy, Lunch, Mighty Maple, oatmeal, Old Fashioned Smooth, Peanut butter, Peanut Butter & Co., Peanut Butter and Jelly, Pie, recipe, Sandwich, Savory, Side dish, smoothies, Smooth Operator, Snack, Spicy, Summer, Sweet, Sweets, Thanksgiving, The Bee's Knees, The Heat is On, Treats, Vegan, Vegetables, Vegetarian, video recipe, videos, White Chocolate Wonderful, youtube