Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour and 20 minutes
Total time: 1 hour and 50 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
4 medium sweet potatoes, scrubbed well
1/3 heavy cream
4 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup Mighty Maple peanut butter
1 tablespoon smoked Spanish paprika
1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne
kosher salt and black pepper
Creme fraiche or sour cream
Minced chives, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Arrange sweet potatoes on a rack and bake 1 hour until tender. Remove from oven and let cool until cool enough to touch.
2. While potatoes cool, combine heavy cream, butter, peanut butter, paprika, and cayenne in a small saucepan and whisk over medium heat until melted and evenly combined.
3. Take cooled potatoes and delicately slice off a ½-inch slice from the top of the potato. Use a spoon to scoop out sweet potato flesh into a large bowl, being careful not to tear the skin. Use a ricer or a fork to break up the potato, then add the cream and peanut butter mixture and mix well until creamy and evenly combined. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
4. Lower heat to 350°F. Grease a baking dish. Scoop the sweet potato puree into each of the potato skins, piling it high and arrange the stuffed potatoes on the prepared baking dish. Return to the oven and bake just until heated through and bubbling, about 15 minutes. (If desired, turn on broiler for final 2-3 minutes to brown the top of the stuffing.)
5. Serve hot, topped with crème fraiche or sour cream, and minced chives.